视频版
视频版(备选)
文字版
I shot an arrow into the air,
我向天空射出一支箭,
It fell to earth I knew not where;
它飞落在不知何处的地面;
For so swiftly it flew the sight,
它飞驰得如此迅速,
Could not follow it in its flight.
没有视线能够跟随它的脚步。
I breathed a song into the air,
我向天空轻唱一首歌,
It fell to earth I knew not where;
它消逝在不知何处的角落;
For who has the sight so keen and strong,
谁的目光能够如此锐利,
That can follow the flight of a song.
可以追随歌声的旋律。
Long, long afterwards in an oak,
很久很久以后,在一棵橡树上,
I found the arrow still unbroke;
我发现那支箭依然完好如初;
And the song, from beginning to end,
而那首歌自始至终,
I found again in the heart of a friend.
都深深印在一位朋友的心中。
这首诗叫做《箭与歌》(The Arrow and the Song).
它是美国诗人朗费罗(Henry Longfellow) — 不知道他真正的身高如何啊 — 的名作, 在英语世界可以说是家喻户晓.
朗费罗这首诗里面用箭与歌来象征真正的朋友之间那种天长地久的友谊.
如果你刚才没有体会到, 那么再回头读一次, 应该是能够读懂的.
希望你能喜欢.